I have to admit that even though I’m home with my children 24/7, our time together hasn’t been spent TOGETHER. There are numerous hours in the day where they’re playing outside while I’m sitting on the patio working or they’re watching a movie and I’m doing something else (cleaning, on social media, working, etc). I’m not a perfect mom, nor will I ever be but I want to improve where I can.
During quarantine everything sort of meshes together. Everyone is everywhere and it feels as if my house is a mini circus. Everyone is entertained in some way but we’re all doing our own thing. My goal is to spend more quality time with Easton, Liam, and Chloe because I know they want to do activities together as a family. I’m thankful to have the boys so close in age to where they are best friends but there are many times that Liam has came up to me and asked for some one on one. I thought about how I can spend more quality time with and this is what I’ve come up with.
1) PUT AWAY ALL ELECTRONICS DURING FAMILY TIME…
2) ASK YOUR CHILDREN WHAT THEY WOULD LIKE TO DO
3) PLAY EVERYONE’S FAVORITE SPORT OUTSIDE
4) READ A STORY TOGETHER
5) CREATE MINI DATES SO THAT EACH CHILD CAN HAVE ONE ON ONE TIME
6) COOK TOGETHER
7) CREATE A LITTLE OBSTACLE COURSE
8) LOOK UP EASY SCIENCE EXPERIMENTS
9) ASK THEM QUESTIONS. CHILDREN ARE ALWAYS ASKING US QUESTIONS SO WHY NOT SEE WHAT THEY KNOW AND WANT TO SHARE
10) TEACH YOUR CHILDREN A NEW BOARD GAME